Nursing MN program at University of Saskatchewan - Program Details
Learn Where YOU Live. The College of Nursing uses a distributed learning approach, enabling students to learn where they live within North America. We also have campuses in Saskatoon, Regina and Prince Albert. Courses are distributed using a variety of flexible and innovative methods, including video and web conferencing, blackboard online and lecture capture. With four programs to choose from and the largest cluster of health science disciplines in Canada, the University of Saskatchewan is a great place to take your practice to the next level.
We offer Registered Nurses an opportunity to pursue a Master of Nursing Degree, with an advanced clinical practice focus. Students are required to complete 33 credit units of study, as well as a minimum of 720 practicum hours. Courses are designed so students can complete them within five consecutive terms or part-time over three years. Graduates will be able to write the Canadian Nurse Practitioner exam or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioner Certification Board.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Nursing Foundations Perspectives and Influences
- Perspectives on Health Wellness and Diversity in a Global Context
- Assessment and Components of Care
- Communication and Professional Relationships
- Research for Evidence Informed Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 246 other Masters in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a bachelor's degree in Nursing, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (i.e. 60 credit units)
- current registration as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse in a Canadian province or territory
- the equivalent of three credit units in each of Statistics and Research Methods at the undergraduate level
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6730 CAD per year during 24 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4260 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Saskatoon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.