In this MA in Choral Studies from Dublin City University, you will explore:
Programme Aims and Objectives
Through this programme, students will acquire an advanced level of knowledge, understanding, and skills in the areas of historically informed choral interpretation, composition for choirs, leadership in choral performance and vocal technique, stylistic ensemble singing, editing, analytical score preparation, and the arts sector in Ireland.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conducting, Interpretation and Style
- Choral Music: Historical and Analytical Approaches
- Composition for Voices
- Creative Approaches to Text
- Choral Contexts: National Infrastructure for the Arts
- Choral Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMusic View 30 other Masters in Music in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Recognised honours primary degree (Level 8) in Music, or in which Music is a subject, with a minimum of Second Class Honours.
- Recognised honours primary degree (Level 8) in another discipline, with supporting evidence of competence in Music, such as Grade 8/Diploma in instrumental/vocal studies, Grade 5 theory (ABRSM), and vocal/choral experience appropriate to commencing a Level 9 programme.
- Practitioners in the fields of conducting and composition who do not meet these prerequisites will be invited to submit a curriculum vitae and details of competence in music (as above), and may be asked to participate in an interview.
International7400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7400 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.