Bring your educational and practical experience in design, the health sector or in the social sciences of health into an environment committed developing design solutions to complex health challenges.
This Design for Health degree is offered at OCAD University. In partnership with world-caliber hospitals, healthcare-research institutes, and a thriving technology cluster you’ll design multi-disciplinary systems, service, program and product solutions for real-world challenges, including:
- The emergence of new infections including epidemics and pandemics
- Chronic diseases including mental health and addictions
- An aging population
- Health inequities including disparities in access for care for structurally marginalized individuals and groups
- Health Context and Design
- Design Research
- Studio : Corporeal
- Systems : Human Factors
- Studio : Spatial
- Systems : Systems & Services
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign User Experience Design Health Informatics View 48 other Masters in Design in Canada
For consideration by the admissions committee, and in addition to the basic application requirements, applicants need to complete and submit the following through the Graduate Application Portal:
- Statement of Intent: Describe your key areas of interest in the health sector, detailing how your academic background and professional experience relate to your interests, and how your intended practice and research align with the objectives of the program. The proposal must be 750 words in length.
- Design Portfolio: You must submit samples of relevant student or professional work produced in the last five years.
- Alternative Portfolio (for non-design applicants).
International47250 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23625 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National14940 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7470 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.