You will learn to think differently and aim to break through societal barriers to address the growing demand for access and inclusion
The Inclusive Design program from OCAD University benefits from accomplished faculty engaged with multi-disciplinary research and design practices, and you will bring valuable and diverse insights from your own educational and professional experiences, to both study and research projects.
You will explore equity and access issues through the lens of design thinking, leveraged by the application of inclusive digital technologies
- Digital Media and ICT Systems
- Public Sector Policy and Administration
- Design for Built Environments
- Arts and Culture
- Healthcare sector
- Graphic and Communication Design.
- Unlearning & Questioning
- Inclusive Design Foundations
- Inclusive Research Methods
- Design Opportunities
- Inclusive Art, Design and Communication
- The Difference
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
January 12, 2021 is the deadline to apply to receive priority consideration for funding.
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design User Experience Design View 17 other Masters in Graphic Design in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The application process for admission into the Master of Design in Inclusive Design at OCAD U is highly competitive. Applicants must hold a BA, BDes, BComm, BEng, BSc, BFA or comparable honours degree/certification in a program that provides a foundational grounding in information and communication systems and practices (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Studies, Culture and Technology or similar field) with an average of 75 per cent (B+) or better during the last two years of study, or must demonstrate exceptional experience/expertise as a practitioner in a relevant discipline.
- For consideration by the admissions committee, and in addition to the basic application requirements outlined below, applicants need to complete and submit the following through the Graduate Application Portal:
- Statement of Intent
- Samples of Work
- Program Specific Questions
International11094 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5547 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6176 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3088 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.