Society today faces a range of major challenges, including global warming, climate change, the overexploitation of natural resources and conventional energy sources, population growth in developing countries, the growing demand for refrigeration for comfort and to preserve foods, the concentration of the population in urban areas, and so. These challenges require new strategies and new technologies to develop solutions that allow the continuing social and economic development of our communities around the world with new technologies that are based clean technologies rather than the burning of fossil fuels.
These challenges and the new technologies that are being developed to deal with them will require professionals expert in energy conversion systems and technologies for intelligent energy networks. Furthermore, it will not be possible to develop an efficient industry and a construction sector able to meet the challenge of applying new concepts of energy consumption to buildings without experts specialising in the latest technologies in energy efficiency and the integration of renewable energies.
Graduates from the Universitat Rovira i Virgili Master's Degree in Energy Conversion Systems and Technologies will be qualified for the following career opportunities:
- Energy consultant.
- Researcher at universities, research institutes or research, development and innovation departments.
- Energy production manager.
- Energy projects manager.
- HVAC systems manager.
- Specialist engineer in energy efficiency and renewable energies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Characterisation and Modelling of Energy Demand in Buildings
- Determining Thermodynamic Properties and Fluid Transport
- Advanced Thermodynamic Engineering
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Polygeneration of Energy and Energy Integration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering View 11 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
In addition to the general documentation required for pre-registration, applicants to the master's degree must also present:
- A certificate confirming that they have a minimum level of English (B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or equivalent). Applicants that cannot accredit this level will be interviewed by the master's degree coordinator to determine their ability to read, write and understand English before they are admitted.
International3131 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3131 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2913 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2913 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.