This Infection Prevention and Control Nursing programme at Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland aims to provide students with expert knowledge and provide assistance and guidance in developing the skills and practical experience that will form a strong foundation for their journey towards expertise in the field of infection prevention and control.
This programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Evaluate infection prevention/control guidelines
- Discuss the principles of microbiology in the prevention and control of infection.
- Devise and update infection prevention/control guidelines based on National and International standards.
- Evaluate administration and management systems for infection prevention/control, including strategic planning for the infection prevention and control service.
- Evaluate the use of information technology in the development and updating of infection prevention/control guidelines and procedures.
- Discuss the principles preventing the spread of infection within the hospital and community.
- Discuss with the methods of investigating and controlling an outbreak of infection.
- Discuss with the use of surveillance methods in infection prevention/control.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Leadership - Professional & Clinical
- Advanced Management & Strategy
- The Microbiological Basis for Infection Prevention and Control in the Healthcare Setting
- Principles of Infection Control
- Managerial Issues in Infection Control
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 74 other Masters in Nursing in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be an active RGN with the Opens in new windowNMBI.
- Hold a NFQ level 8 qualification such as a BSc or equivalent.
- Be currently working in the speciality area.
International6560 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6560 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6560 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6560 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.