The Infection Prevention and Control Nursing (Dublin) is committed to providing students with outcome-focused curricula shaped by innovative teaching and learning practices.
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland has a long association with postgraduate nursing and midwifery education and are the largest such school in Ireland.
The College aspires to become recognised leaders in the provision of health sciences education, both nationally and internationally. The suite of programmes we offer nurses and midwives in pursuit of postgraduate education is continually evolving in response to the needs within the healthcare service.
This programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Evaluate infection prevention/control guidelines
- Discuss the principles of microbiology in the prevention and control of infection.
- Devise and update infection prevention/control guidelines based on National and International standards.
- Evaluate administration and management systems for infection prevention/control, including strategic planning for the infection prevention and control service.
- Evaluate the use of information technology in the development and updating of infection prevention/control guidelines and procedures.
- Discuss the principles preventing the spread of infection within the hospital and community.
- Discuss with the methods of investigating and controlling an outbreak of infection.
- Discuss with the use of surveillance methods in infection prevention/control.
- Discuss surveillance and the investigation of relevant infections.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Leadership - Professional & Clinical
- Advanced Management & Strategy
- The Microbiological Basis for Infection Prevention and Control in the Healthcare Setting
- Principles of Infection Control
- Managerial Issues in Infection Control
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 70 other Masters in Nursing in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Hold a Level 8 degree or international equivalent, demonstrated through a defined recognition of prior learning (RPL) process.
International6430 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6430 EUR per year and a duration of .
EU/EEA6430 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6430 EUR per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.