About this Degree from Instituto Superior Técnico
Computers are everywhere! On your desk, as tablets or cell phones, embedded in pacemakers or insulin pumps, controlling lights or industrial systems, in cars or planes, in Tv sets or fridges. Computer Engineering applications range from organization management to telecommunications, banks and insurance companies, healthcare, education, justice, defense, and also culture and entertainment. The role of a computing engineer involves the development, management and maintenance of software, while seeking to develop increasingly faster and more comprehensive solutions.
Instituto Superior Técnico MSc graduates in Computer Science and Engineering may pursue a career in industrial or service sectors such as banks, insurance companies, software development companies, tourism, multimedia or culture, as well as public bodies. Graduates are also prepared to develop activities in:
- Management, setup and operation of computer systems;
- Analysis, planning and management of complex systems;
- Data modeling and use in computer systems;
- Development and programming of applications in distributed systems;
- Building adaptable systems to solve complex problems;
- Building systems that interact with human beings by using natural interfaces;
- Control and robotics;
- Industrial systems modelling and control;
- Computer systems administration;
- Consultancy and leadership, supervision and management;
- Vocational training and teaching
- Algorithms and Applications
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Software Engineering
- Data Engineering and Science
- IT Service Management
- Artificial Intelligence
- Interaction and Visualization
- Intelligent Robotics
- Cyber Physical Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 20 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- hold a 1st cycle degree in Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd cycle in Architecture, which requires a 1st cycle degree in Architecture);
- hold an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that certifies their ability to do the MSc programme which they apply for.
Candidates are selected according to these criteria:
- affinity between the degree they hold and the programme they apply for;
- type of degree they hold;
- academic success in the programme they attended.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.