More than four million people acquire a healthcare-associated infection each year in the European Union (EU), of which approximately 37,000 die as the direct consequence of the infection.
In tandem with these ongoing issues, we have a growing risk of the global spread of infectious diseases and an ever-increasing resistance to antibiotics.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Infection Prevention and Control Nursing is a fully accredited six-month part-time programme aimed at infection control professionals who wish to gain theoretical expertise, delivered by industry leading professionals.
This Infection Prevention and Control Nursing programme from Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Evaluate infection prevention/control guidelines
- Discuss the principles of microbiology in the prevention and control of infection.
- Devise and update infection prevention/control guidelines based on National and International standards.
- Evaluate administration and management systems for infection prevention/control, including strategic planning for the infection prevention and control service.
- Evaluate the use of information technology in the development and updating of infection prevention/control guidelines and procedures.
- Discuss the principles preventing the spread of infection within the hospital and community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Microbiological Basis for Infection Prevention and Control in the Healthcare Setting
- Principles of Infection Control
- Managerial Issues in Infection Control
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 74 other Masters in Nursing in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be active on the Opens in new windowNMBI register.
- Hold a level 8 degree* or international equivalent, demonstrated through a defined recognition of prior learning (RPL) process.
International3360 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3360 EUR per year during 6 months.
EU/EEA3360 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3360 EUR per year during 6 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.