More than four million people acquire a healthcare-associated infection each year in the European Union (EU), of which approximately 37,000 die as the direct consequence of the infection.
In tandem with these ongoing issues, we have a growing risk of the global spread of infectious diseases and an ever-increasing resistance to antibiotics.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Infection Prevention and Control Nursing is a fully accredited six-month part-time programme aimed at infection control professionals who wish to gain theoretical expertise, delivered by industry leading professionals.
This Infection Prevention and Control Nursing programme from Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland will provide you with the skills and knowledge to critically:
- Evaluate infection prevention/control guidelines
- Discuss the principles of microbiology in the prevention and control of infection.
- Devise and update infection prevention/control guidelines based on National and International standards.
- Evaluate administration and management systems for infection prevention/control, including strategic planning for the infection prevention and control service.
- Evaluate the use of information technology in the development and updating of infection prevention/control guidelines and procedures.
- Discuss the principles preventing the spread of infection within the hospital and community.
- The Microbiological Basis for Infection Prevention and Control in the Healthcare Setting
- Principles of Infection Control
- Managerial Issues in Infection Control
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 59 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Be a registered nurse or midwife on the active register with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland, or the relevant regulatory body in your country of practice before commencing the programme.
- Hold a level 8 degree* or international equivalent, demonstrated through a defined recognition of prior learning (RPL) process.
- Meet the English Language Requirements: IELTS English proficiency test score of 6.5 or the equivalent score on another standardised test. You are exempt if you completed your undergraduate/postgraduate studies full-time in the medium of the English language (three or more years, cumulatively).
International3540 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3540 EUR per year during 6 months.
EU/EEA3540 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3540 EUR per year during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.