The world’s governments have agreed to 17 challenging sustainable development goals to address poverty, justice and prosperity, while ensuring a healthy planet.
How we reconcile these issues, and work with people to make changes to our current practices globally, nationally and locally sits at the heart of sustainable development.
It’s about meeting the needs of the present, while safeguarding the environment upon which the welfare of current and future generations depend.
As a student in the Sustainable Development program at Macquarie University, you’ll have opportunities to develop your capabilities in a diverse range of areas, spanning the environment, society, business and law, according to your professional needs.
- Consultant in business or community organisation
- Local council professional
- Sustainability coordinator for regional or national businesses
- University academic
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Climate Change, Energy and Our Future
- The Atmospheric Environment
- The Living Environment
- Natural Hazards, Disasters and their Management
- Earth Surface Processes
- Australian Environmental Futures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
- 2 years - 160
- 1,5 years - 120
- 1 year - 80
DisciplinesSustainable Development View 41 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 083810A
AQF level 8 bachelor honours or graduate diploma qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, or
Meet two of the following three criteria:
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent
- Approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65
International38800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38800 AUD per year during 12 months.
National21600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21600 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.