Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) belong to an elite group of professionals. They are trusted and respected advisers, equipped with specialised skills that make them critical to the success of any business.
Because of this, qualified professionals in the accounting, business and finance field will always be in demand.
The Professional Accounting program at Macquarie University will help you to develop advanced professional skills in strategic management accounting, financial reporting and disclosure, global strategy and leadership, and ethics and governance.
- Macquarie graduates of this course consistently receive higher grades in the CPA program than non-Macquarie graduates.
- This course is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). This means you may be exempted from 14 CIMA papers, effectively taking you to the final part of the CIMA qualification with only one subject to complete.
- You'll gain three qualifications upon completion: a postgraduate degree in accounting, membership of CPA Australia (subject to meeting the work experience requirements) and the opportunity to gain CIMA accreditation.
- You can also conduct a research project and choose from a range of subjects such as forensic accounting, taxation, information systems in business and more.
- This course will expand your skill set by offering six electives outside core CPA professional accounting units.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and CPA Australia (CPAA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Accounting
- Business and Company Law
- Principles of Finance
- Economic Analysis
- Managerial Accounting
- Accounting Standards and practice
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
- 2 years - 160
- 1,5 years - 120
DisciplinesAccounting View 103 other Masters in Accounting in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 099183C
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, or
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent and two years relevant approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
International39200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39200 AUD per year during 18 months.
National29200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29200 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.