Econometric methods are increasingly gaining importance in research, business and the public sector. Students of Econometrics at University of Duisburg-Essen are capable of using mathematical models to quantitatively describe and analyze problems that arise in companies, research, government, financial institutions and other organizations.
They have an extensive understanding of statistical methods and an in-depth knowledge of central economic causal relationships and the resulting econometric questions.
- Graduates are well-equipped for a career in econometrics, empirical economic research, evidence-based political consulting or a subsequent PhD in econometrics or neighbouring disciplines.
- The program comprises five core and four elective modules, including a six-month Master thesis. Most modules consist of multiple courses which may be chosen according to the individual interests of the students. Core courses teach key concepts in Statistical Theory, Econometrics and Time Series Analysis.
- The core curriculum also conveys skills in project management, consulting and applied research. A large pool of electives and specialized seminars enables the students to deepen their knowledge in selected fields of econometric theory and applied economic research, e.g., health economics or financial econometrics.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A certificate of a degree from a study program in statistics, economics or mathematics at Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University or at the University of Duisburg-Essen or a certificate of a comparable degree in related fields, including a transcript of records, according to the requirements of the examination regulations.
- A certificate documenting an English language proficiency on at least the level of B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Essen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.