The curriculum is globally unique, expanding on undergraduate studies in Polymer Engineering at the JKU. Applicants who hold an undergraduate degree in Technical Chemistry, Biological Chemistry, Technical Physics, or Mechatronics need to complete mandatory bridging subjects during the MPT program.
Graduates of other undergraduate degree programs admitted to the program may be required to complete additional coursework of up to 40 ECTS credits during the program. The Master’s degree program Management in Polymer Technologies (MPT) offered by Johannes Kepler University Linz program is flexible, allowing students to specialize in polymer technologies and business administration, including Sustainable Development. Graduates can pursue professions ranging from project management to marketing and to executive management positions.
- Unique cross-disciplinary program
- Attractive infrastructure, state-of-the-art equipment
- Flexible options for specialization
- Outstanding conditions to conduct research
- Excellent career prospects.
Graduates of the MPT program are highly sought-after specialists and can pursue a variety of occupations at companies hiring experts who possess a unique background in both engineering and business. Job opportunities exist in:
- The plastics industry (including plastics manufacturers and processing companies as well as product suppliers and products for use in the plastics industry)
- Industrial companies that utilize plastics and polymer products, including the packaging industry, construction branch, automotive industry, electrical equipment and electronics industry, the sports and recreation sector, aerospace, energy production, medical products and devices, etc.
- Agencies and regulation authorities that oversee polymeric materials and products (such as certification agencies, ministries, patent offices, etc.)
Polymer-based products and technologies are vital to today's economy and their innovative potential is limitless. In lieu of the social challenges outlined in the UN’s ‘Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)’, graduates of the MPT program can also:
- Pursue positions at academic, public, or private research facilities (possibly in combination with a Ph.D. degree program, either in Austria or abroad).
- Create a start-up company in manufacturing, as a service provider, or as an expert consultant.
- Management Basics
- Management Advanced
- Advanced Polymer Technologies
- Advanced Electives in Management and Polymer Technologies
- Master's Thesis
- Final Master's Examination
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Engineering Management View 37 other Masters in Management Studies in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Contact the Admissions Office for additional information about the admission requirements.
International726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
€726.72 for third-country nationals
Living costs for Linz
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.