The The Ancient Mediterranean World-History, Archaeology and Art at University of Pavia course makes full use of our rich archaeological landscape, including regular study trips and fieldwork opportunities (archaeological excavations, surveys and Museums labs).
Students will benefit of:
- Official agreements between the University and several Italian and international Institutions, such as New York University – Institute of Study for Ancient World, the Egyptian Museum of Turin, the Soprintendenza of Piedmont and the Istituto Villa Adriana-Villa d’Este at Tivoli, Rome.
- Possibilities of internships in Italy and abroad.
- Regular study trips and fieldwork opportunities, such as archaeological excavations, surveys and Museums lab) in Cappadocia (Turkey) and in several parts of Italy, including at two UNESCOworld heritage sites, Hadrian’s Villa at Tivoli and Dos dell’Arca in Valcamonica.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ancient Western Asia: History and Civilizations;
- Greek History and Civilization;
- Roman History and Civilization;
- Egypt after the Pharaohs;
- Archaeology of Ancient Near East;
- Etruscans and Others;
- Greek and Roman Archaeology;
- Reconstructing the Past: Methods and Tools;
- Field Archaeology Training / Material Culture Laboratory.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3 year Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in humanities or social sciences, in one or more of the following areas: archaeology, classics, history, ancient languages, geography, history of art.
- B2 level English proficiency. Students must either own an English language proficiency or they have taken 12 credits of English language courses in they home University.
- The number of positions dedicated to international non-EU students is defined on yearly basis.
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 400 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA160 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 160 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- For EU students, fees are based on family income. They range from € 160 to € 3500 per year.
- For non –EU students a flat rate is determined according to their country of origin and ranges from € 400 to € 3500.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.