- to recruit the highest caliber trainees
- to develop them as researchers and scholars through innovative research and ongoing meaningful feedback on student progress
- to provide a stimulating and rich learning environment through high quality program requirements and co-curricular activities
- to cultivate independence, creativity, self-motivation, open-minds and forums for debate
- to foster students' careers through dissemination of their research into the community, providing networking opportunities and seeking awards that recognize their accomplishments
- to support their career path through ongoing broad professional development
- to instill them with passion for excellence in teaching, citizenship and community service
MMI offers PhD and thesis-based MSc degrees. Areas of specialization include Bacteriology, Immunology, Parasitology and Virology. Research focuses on cellular and molecular immunology, microbial pathogenesis, and the development of novel methods for the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. The program requirements include coursework in the discipline, teaching experience, and the development of skills in research presentations.
The Medical Microbiology program at the University of Alberta is designed to allow easy transition of MSc students into the PhD program and a rotation option at program entry is open to all students.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Microbiology View 29 other Masters in Microbiology in Canada
General requirementsMinimum Requirements
- Admission is competitive; meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- You must meet the minimum requirements in all subjects, even after receiving an admission offer, in order to remain admissible. (See your admission offer letter for more details.)
International10500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5575 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5575 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.