This requires a high multidisciplinarity in basic knowledge and the development of aptitude for problem setting, problem solving and design in specialized (characterizing and related) subjects.
The common basic lessons provide knowledge and skills on phenomena and methods through a training course based on frontal teaching and individual or group exercises aimed at acquiring autonomy and skills in calculation and modeling techniques.
The specialist and guidance courses deepen the technical aspects,
Expected learning outcomes of the Environmental and Land Engineering programme at Politecnico di Torino
The expected learning outcomes are reported below for the different types of disciplines (scientific and specialized engineering, specific engineering of the degree course, specific orientation engineering) in terms of "knowledge and understanding" and "Ability to apply knowledge and understanding ".
More informationVisit official programme website
The training course is divided into four areas with specific objectives:
- Environmental Protection:Provide a technical-scientific preparation to be able to design and implement the most appropriate technological, environmental protection interventions, in the usual anthropic activities or in the presence of incidental events.
- Geo-Engineering:Prepare students for the design and construction of excavation engineering interventions (above and below ground) and major works that interact with the soil and rocks.
- Natural hazards and civil protection:Provide a technical-scientific preparation necessary to evaluate, plan, implement, monitor and manage interventions to prevent territorial instability due to natural and / or anthropic causes and identify areas at risk of floods, landslides, earthquakes, soil subsidence and conditions predisposing to such events
- Climate Change:
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1st Call: February 12th
- 2nd Call: May 4th
- 3rd call: June 19th
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- meet curricular and quality requirements of the MS program you want to apply for.
The new model adopted by Politecnico consists in:
- For non-EU students living outside Italy and not belonging to a LDC, the amount of the tuition fee is calculated considering their country of origin and whether they apply or not for tuition fee reduction according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
- For EU students living outside Italy, the amount of the tuition fee depends on whether they submit or not the tuition fee reduction application according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.