The Electric Engineering programme at Politecnico di Torino is structured to form a clearly identified professional figure with extensive expertise in all areas of application of electricity, who can interact effectively with operators in other technical/engineering and economic/organisational fields.
Particular importance is given to technologies, safety, quality of products and services, control and reliability of components and systems, economic aspects and interactions with energy networks and the environment. This fosters a degree of versatility that provides the graduate with diverse opportunities in the labor market.
The programme begins with instruction in applications of electromagnetism and of mechanical and electromechanical technologies. On this foundation, students investigate electric drives, systems for producing electricity and the combined production of different energy vectors, and systems for the transport of electricity over large transmission networks.
Typical employment opportunities of the MSc graduate in Electrical Engineering are found in sectors dealing with the study, design, manufacturing and operation of both traditional and innovative components and systems that use electricity. Graduates can be employed: in large power producing companies, in companies that manage even small size electricity production systems, in companies that produce systems for energy conversion, in industry, in transportation and in services.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied electromagnetics
- Electrical machines
- Machine Design
- Electrical drives
- Energy systems
- Power systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- 1st Call: February 12th
- 2nd Call: May 4th
- 3rd call: June 19th
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 13 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).
- In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- Any field of Engineering, Physics
The new model adopted by Politecnico consists in:
- For non-EU students living outside Italy and not belonging to a LDC, the amount of the tuition fee is calculated considering their country of origin and whether they apply or not for tuition fee reduction according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
- For EU students living outside Italy, the amount of the tuition fee depends on whether they submit or not the tuition fee reduction application according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.