The curriculum will provide the necessary knowledge supplements of technical-scientific and mathematical nature on numerical methods, computational fluid dynamics, advanced transport phenomena, multiphase chemical reactors, dispersed systems and molecular modelling.
The transfer of energy, and matter and momentum in complex inter-phase systems will be studied in its foundations and applied to the design of separation equipment and multiphase chemical reactors.
Particular attention will be devoted to the study of the behaviour of finely dispersed systems such as emulsions and suspensions, the physics of turbulence and its applications in computational fluid dynamics to solve complex problems in the processing industry.
Career opportunitiesMSc graduates of the Chemical and Sustainable Processes Engineering programme at Politecnico di Torino will find employment opportunities in managing positions in the chemical, petrochemical, food, pharmaceutical and cosmetics, production and processing of materials sectors; and also in industrial laboratories; or in technical departments of public administration.The following career opportunities tend to be grouped into the mentioned domains:
- in engineering companies engaged in design, supervision and construction of industrial production plants;
- in public and private research centres as employee and/or research and development coordinator;
- in companies involved in the industrial processing of matter (so called chemical industry, petroleum and petrochemical, metallurgical, pharmaceutical, food, etc.) for the supervision of production plants. In the same companies the engineer may also be called to manage their environmental and security issues;
- in service companies and public administration as a technical coordinator
- in the consulting and expert advice activities to companies and groups that do not internally have the specific skills.
- in companies that produce, process and develop materials applicable in various industrial fields such as the chemical, mechanical, electrical, electronics, telecommunications, energy, construction, transport, biomedical and preservation of cultural heritage.
- Industrial biochemistry
- Multiphase equipment design
- Numerical methods
- Food processing and technologies
- Multiphase chemical reactors
- Transport phenomena and Computational fluid dynamics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 13 other Masters in Chemical Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- meet curricular and quality requirements of the MS program you want to apply for.
International2601 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2601 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Turin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.