With the push of a button we can send money to the most remote places on earth, we can control critical infrastructure, or we can send or receive information. This development has led to significant boosts in productivity and unprecedented convenience for us all, but at the same time it has posed significant new challenges.
We hear about data breaches and attacks on critical infrastructure every day. How do we safeguard our information society? How do we promote trust? How do we engineer an information infrastructure that has security built in from the start in a principled way? These are the central questions of Cyber Security - an exciting and crucial research area within Computer Science.
This program from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne is mainly targeted at students who have a Bachelor in either Computer Science or Communication Systems and will offer graduates excellent job perspectives.
- Advanced algorithms
- Advanced computer architecture
- Cryptography and security
- Database systems
- Decentralized systems engineering
- Distributed algorithms
- Foundations of software
- Information security and privacy
- Machine learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security Cyber Security
- Your resumé (curriculum vitae)
- Copy of your University degree(s) or Bachelor’s degree.
- Legalized transcripts from each university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose.
- Three letters of recommendation: The recommendation letters must be issued by professors who are well aware of your work and qualities. These recommendations are confidential and will only be accepted if they are received through the electronic application process.
- Your identity card or passport.
- For foreigners who already live in Switzerland: your residence permit.
- Extra documents such as TOEFL or GRE scores, research publications or other portfolios of your previous work, are welcome but not compulsory.
International1138 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 569 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1138 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 569 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Tuition 630 CHF
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.