About Law and Political Science at Nagoya University
Students in the Master of Comparative Law and Politics at Nagoya University may also include units taught at the neighboring Graduate School of International Development toward the 30 units required toward the degree.
Courses outside the program but within the scope of the candidate’s research interests may also be approved, depending on educational and research requirements. In addition to the coursework requirement, students on the Masters program are required to complete a thesis under the supervision of a member of academic staff. Refl ecting on the considerable emphasis that is placed upon this extended piece of work, a mandatory semester course on the writing process is followed by two optional semester-length courses that draw upon and support the later phases of student research and writing up.
We are proud to count among our graduates staff of:
- core ministries
- counsel in major corporations
- active lawyers
- progressive academics of the jurisdictions that have enriched our environment through participation in our programs.
- Comparative Studies in Jurisprudence
- Comparative Studies in Constitutional
- Comparative Studies in Administrative
- Professional Studies in International Law
- Project Management
- Comparative Studies in Politics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law Political Science View 4 other Masters in Public Law in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Bachelor's Degree Diploma
- Academic Transcript
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Certified Score Report of the GRE
- Research Proposal
- Two Letters of Reference
- Summary of Undergraduate Graduation Research
- Major Publications
- Documents Showing Other Strengths
- Document Validating Your Nationality and Residence Status
- Certificate of Enrollment
International4115 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4115 USD per year during 24 months.
National4115 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4115 USD per year during 24 months.
- ¥535,800 per year
Living costs for Nagoya
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.