The Department of Environmental Studies is offering a Master of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Nagoya University.
The Earth is our home, a finite environment that we need to preserve, with resources that we need to manage sustainably. Our growing environmental footprint and its influence on our planet is one of the greatest challenges we are facing.
As an integral part of the Earth system, humanity (anthroposhere) interacts with other components of our planet:
- air (atmosphere)
- water (hydrosphere)
- ice and snow (cryosphere)
- solid earth (geosphere)
- all living organisms (biosphere).
To safeguard the future of human societies on this planet, we need to understand the environmental consequences of our actions and minimize the risks of natural hazards (e.g., earthquakes and volcanic eruptions). This requires a deep understanding of how the Earth system functions, which can only be achieved through an integrated approach in order to learn how the various components of the Earth system interact to govern the past, present, and future evolution of our planet.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainability and Environmental Studies
- Low Carbon City Studies
- English Communication in Environmental Issues
- Introduction to Geology
- Field Seminar on Environmental Studies
- Marine Geology
- Biological Oceanography
- Geochemistry and Cosmochemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 6 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Bachelor's Degree Diploma
- Academic Transcript
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Certified Score Report of the GRE
- Research Proposal
- Two Letters of Reference
- Summary of Undergraduate Graduation Research
- Major Publications
- Documents Showing Other Strengths
- Document Validating Your Nationality and Residence Status
- Certificate of Enrollment
International4390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4390 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- JPY 535,800 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.