Introduction to Philosophy at University of the Western Cape is a course that requires no previous familiarity with Philosophy and it serves to introduce the subject andphilosophical issues through the work of a major figure like Descartes or a group of philosophers like the Ancient Greeks.
The work of the central figure/s is used as a way in to the understanding of philosophical problems as they were seen at the time and how they feature in contemporary philosophy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Introduction to argumentation and conceptual analysis
- Scientific Revolution
- Classical and contemporary conceptual problems
- Enlightenment and the problem of knowledge
- African Philosophy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSociology Philosophy & Ethics View 11 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You need to submit your final school results to Higher Education South Africa (HESA) for an evaluation.
- We unfortunately will not be able to respond to your application until you submit a confirmation letter issued by HESA stating that you qualify to study at a South African University.
- Certified copy of your passport
International5734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5734 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National2177 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2177 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- National students - R36,460
- International students - R96,020
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.