Biological Sciences degree offered at University of Brighton provides high-quality training in the methods and practice of research not normally offered in taught masters courses, and also allows you to choose from a host of option modules according to your personal and professional interests.You will build your knowledge of a wide range of organisms, from microbes to mammals, and develop both theoretical and practical skills that will help you to maximise your professional potential.
Your research project will examine a specialised subject within the fields of genetics, evolutionary biology, neuroscience, ageing and host microbe interactions.
The MRes is aimed at individuals with a background in biological sciences wishing to pursue a career in the health sciences.
Our graduates are equipped with a foundation of knowledge for careers in research, industry, the public sector or academia. The MRes provides well-rounded, research-based training, plus the necessary transferable skills to prepare you for employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MRes research project
- Evaluating Research in Biosciences
- Applied Nucleic Acid Biochemistry
- Applied Protein Biochemistry
- Clinical Microbiology in the Post-antimicrobial Era
- Microbiology, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Remediation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Genetics View 224 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 degree in a relevant subject. Students with a degree that does not fall within this category but who have significant relevant experience, will also be considered. All applicants should provide a full description of any research projects undertaken, relevant work experience and non-academic qualifications.
International15300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7704 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7704 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.