Electrical and Computer Engineering has had and will continue to have a huge impact on the technologies that define modern life and society. The technological revolution era that we are living is largely due to the work and contributions of Electrical and Computer Engineers.
Employment opportunities and research for Electrical and Computer Engineers are many and quite diverse. They can work in industries ranging from power generation, telecommunications, aerospace to health care or banking.
In this Electrical and Computer Engineering programme from Instituto Superior Técnico, you will be able to be the first to develop and handle new technologies that will be used daily by people and the society in general. Electrical and Computer Engineers provide key contributions to the design of all electrical and electronic devices and develop complete systems involving hardware, software, communication networks, power generation and control of sensors and actuators.
IST Master in Electrical and Computer Engineering requires two cycles of learning and training with a total duration of five years:
Objectives of the 1st cycle (3 years):
- Provide students with a solid basic formation to enable them to follow the evolution of knowledge and technologies throughout their professional life.
Objectives of the 2nd cycle (2 years):
- Provide students with advanced training in areas of expertise, enabling them to contribute as experts and drivers of innovation and wealth creation in sub-areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Artificial Intelligence and Decision Systems
- Computer Control
- Economics and Energy Markets
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technology Transfer
- High Voltage
- Internet Based Systems Architecture
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 36 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
You may apply for a Master’s or an integrated master’s (2nd study cycle) under the following conditions:
- If you have completed an undergraduate or an integrated masters (1st study cycle) at Instituto Superior Técnico, even though with no scientific consistency with the course of the 2nd study cycle that you wish to apply to;
- Hold an undergraduate degree (1st study cycle) in the field of Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd study cycle in Architecture which requires a 1st study cycle programme in Architecture);
- Hold either an academic, scientific or professional curriculum verifying the capability to complete the master’s programme you are applying to.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.