We offer a mater degree in Materials Science at University of Stuttgart. At the same time, the knowledge and skills in two specialized areas are built up to follow the current state of research.
- In the second year of study, an individual research project in the form of a "Master Thesis" is completed within one of the many materials science research teams. The outstanding infrastructure of the University of Stuttgart makes the broad selection of these fields of specialization possible.
- You should have an interest in mathematics, physics, and chemistry. Also important is being able to think in an interdisciplinary fashion within the natural sciences realm and liking mathematical-analytical thinking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The current catalog offers the following for instance:
- Advanced materials characterization
- Functional Materials
- Inorganic materials chemistry
- Materials Theory and Simulation
- Metals and Structural Materials
- Nanomaterials and Surfaces
- Plastics engineering
- Soft Matter and Bio-Materials
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 41 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor and /or diploma degree (certified copy)
- Certificate with the cumulative grade of your degree
- Transcript of records, indicating all courses with the grade and the number of credit points and /or the number of hours.
- Certification of your English fluency (see above).
- A very short letter to explain your motivation for studying a graduate program in material science.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.