Highlights of the course
As a Sustainable Systems Engineering degree offered by the University of Freiburg master student, you have the opportunity:
- to work in cutting-edge research projects with internationally renowned professors,
- to benefit from the state-of-the-art facilities of a modern and European campus,
- to work through the uniquely close connection to the five Fraunhofer Institutes in Freiburg in renowned and innovative laboratories of these research institutes,
- to design your curriculum flexibly and according to individual interests,
- to live in one of the most popular and greenest student cities in Germany.
Career prospectsA master’s degree qualifies you for:
- a scientific career in research;
- senior positions in companies;
- conventional and renewable energies;
- as infrastructure operators for supply, mobility and energy;
- at planning offices for networks, urban planning and infrastructure planning; and
- with state authorities.
Programme StructureIn-depth knowledge will be taught in the following areas:
- Sustainable Materials;
- Energy Systems (in particular Solar Energy);
- Resilience Engineering; and
- Technology and Society.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Sustainable Energy View 22 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Germany
- University degree/bachelor’s degree (at least average of 2.5 on a German scale) in the field of engineering or natural sciences. Previous knowledge in math, physics, chemistry, electrical engineering, materials science, computer science etc.
- English language proficiency (German higher education entrance qualification or other proof of CEFR level B2).
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.