The Energy Science and Technology program offered by the University of Ulm is strongly research-oriented and focusses on electrochemical energy conversion and storage in fuel cells and batteries. Taught entirely in English, the international and interdisciplinary program “is designed for both international and German students, who have earned a Bachelor of Science (preferably chemistry or physics) or a Bachelor of Engineering (preferably chemical or electrical engineering).
What is this course about?
Students will acquire competent knowledge in the following areas:
- Broad basis in relevant topics from chemistry, materials science and energy technology
- Hands-on experience in chemistry, materials science and energy science and technology labs
- Scientific working methods and current research in the area of energy science and technology
- Professional skills as well as scientific competency in the area of energy science and technology and applications
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical Chemistry
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials Science
- Energy Science and Technology
- Surfaces - Interfaces - Heterogeneous Catalysis - Electrocatalysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Application deadline for study programmes with unrestricted admission: 31 October
- Application period for study programmes with restricted admission: 20 August
- Application deadline for Master's programmes with locally restricted admission: 15 or 31 July
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Energy & Power Engineering View 24 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Materials Science or Electrical Engineering or in other programs relating to materials / material properties.
- Bachelor course work in either Mathematics and Physics or Mathematics and Chemistry each basically 2 courses of 3 hours per week and semester or comparable course work to be evidenced by course information on official transcript of records.
- Fully completed and signed application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement of objectives
- Two letters of reference
- Photocopies of all official certificates and transcripts
- Photocopies of English or German translations of all official certificates and transcripts
- Passport photo
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Ulm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.