The Coaching Psychology program at the University of Sydney teaches the applied science of human performance enhancement and coaching. This unique one-year course is a rare opportunity to be part of the fast growing and relatively new field of coaching psychology, which seeks to enhance human performance in work, relationships and life in general.Coaching psychology is an applied positive psychology course and sits at the intersection of counselling, clinical and organisational psychology. This program provides you with a sound grounding in the theoretical and methodological aspects of coaching psychology and teaches fundamental applied coaching skills.
Our main focus is on coaching in business and organisational settings. The program aims to give you the knowledge to be a skilled coach, capable of coaching in an extensive variety of settings and with a wide range of clients including executive, management and personal coaching.
After graduating, you could expect to gain employment in a range of jobs involving:
- human resource development
- private practice
- organisational consultancy
- professional services.
- Applied Positive Psychology
- Coaching Practice
- Fundamentals of Coaching Practice
- Groups, Teams and Systems
- Positive Organisational Coaching
- Psychology of Peak Performance
- Research Project in Applied Psychology
- Socio-Cognitive Issues in Coaching Psych
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology Coaching View 58 other Masters in Sociology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Sydney and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS code: 074185G
- a three-year Psychology degree with a credit average; or
- a three-year degree in a cognate discipline with a major in areas such as (but not limited to) arts, humanities, business, science or law with a credit average.
- English language results
- Academic transcripts
International52500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 52500 AUD per year during 12 months.
National14630 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14630 AUD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.