During the Pharmacy program at the University of Sydney, you will learn from internationally-renowned, award-winning academics as you develop advanced clinical skills and experience. You will benefit from outstanding and effective teaching and research, exposure to modern clinical settings and access to the latest technology, facilities and teaching laboratories, placing you in a cohort of the most desirable pharmacy graduates in Australia.
With a strong practical focus, underpinned by evidence-based practice and research, you will develop valuable knowledge, skills and experience in all aspects of the pharmacy profession. Your studies will consist of a variety of blended learning opportunities including lectures, tutorials, labs, small group work, problem-based learning, as well as clinical placements across the community, hospital and industry sectors.
Pharmacists are an integral part of the healthcare system and have the capacity to directly affect the lives and lifestyles of the people with whom they interact. There are a wide variety of career choices open to registered pharmacists. Examples include community pharmacy (community practice), hospital pharmacy, research positions within universities or research institutes, or positions in the pharmaceutical industry in drug production, marketing of drug development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dispensing Practice
- Endocrine, Renal and Cardiovascular
- Experiential Placement
- Immunology and Cancer
- Integrated Primary Healthcare
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Pharmacy Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 36 other Masters in Complementary & Alternative Medicine in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 050004D
- A bachelor's degree from an Australian institution or equivalent
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA), currently 5.0 over 7.0 (equivalent to 65% at USYD), or Graduate Australian Medical Admissions Test (GAMSAT), currently 55 with 50 in each section, or Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), currently 8 (previous test version) / 500 (new test version).
- 48 credit points, or equivalent, in six prerequisite subjects at university level (candidates can enrol in the course with 12 credit points of prerequisite subjects outstanding as long as these units of study are completed by the end of the first year of the Master of Pharmac
International51000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51000 AUD per year during 24 months.
National40500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40500 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Student Contribution Amount (SCA) for year 1: $7,950 (indicative only)
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.