The aim of the interdisciplinary Master's degree course in Medical Informatics at the University of Tübingen is to train IT experts with additional qualifications in the fields of medicine, health care and natural sciences who will be able to constructively analyze problems together with other experts and to develop solutions, for example in the fields of medical data analysis, medical image processing, embedded systems in medical technologies, software certification and information processing in the health care sector and in personalized medicine.
Goals and objectives
- The Master's degree course in Medical Informatics is not restricted to current research contents – students will acquire knowledge about theoretically sound basic concepts and methods, enabling them to work successfully throughout their entire professional life.
- Graduates of this degree course will know the most important principles, concepts and methods of computer science for handling relevant issues of human medicine and the natural sciences and will not only be able to apply them, but to develop them further. Upon completion of their studies, they should be able to work (under the given technical, economic and social conditions) together with medical professionals on issues in various fields of application, develop appropriate systems and lead projects by means of computer science. In addition, they are introduced to the level of national and international cutting-edge research; this together with their knowledge of the concepts and methods of computer science and their specialized knowledge in medically relevant areas will enable them to pursue a doctoral degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Informatics is the interdisciplinary science of the systematic acquisition, administration, storage, processing and provision of data, information and knowledge in medicine and health care.
- The MSc degree course in Medical Informatics teaches important principles, concepts and methods of computer science as well as of human medicine and natural sciences.
- This degree course provides graduates with knowledge about the application and development of computer science methods in the medical field, enabling them to develop programs and lead development teams in various fields of application.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Informatics & Information Sciences View 27 other Masters in Biomedicine in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the Master’s degree course in Medical Informatics is restricted and depends on the quality of either the degree (currently an average grade of 2.5) or the course work done so far; in addition, both the degree and the credit points accumulated so far must have been obtained in subjects related to intended Medical Informatics degree course.
- Proof of sufficient English language skills at a level of at least B2 according to the CEFR according to TOEFL (IBTTOEFL 80, CBTTOEFL 213, PBTToefl 550) or IELTS 6.0.
- The application is made via an online portal. Different application deadlines apply for the different courses. These periods are exclusion periods. Documents received after the respective deadlines may not be considered.
- Please note that ONLY the PDF file created in the online process must be printed out and signed by the University of Tübingen within the cut-off period.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Tübingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.