Why choose this programme?
The international Master's Degree Program in Neurobiology at the University of Tübingen aims at enabling highly motivated students to unravel some of the brain's mysteries. The focus of this program is on comparative approaches and reflects the wide range of methods and animal models used by our faculty in their research.
The courses cover cellular, systemic, behavioral, cognitive, evolutionary, and computational aspects of modern integrative neuroscience. Four three-week laboratory courses in the third semester are of central importance. In these, students work in small groups on current research topics that are chosen from projects offered by more than 20 labs. The M.Sc. program welcomes curious students with a background in biological sciences who are inspired by intellectual challenges and are interested in basic research in the neurosciences. Course language is English, some optional courses are in German.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integrative Neurobiology
- Scientific Computing and Statistics
- Research Lab in Neurobiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Neuroscience View 81 other Masters in Biology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in biology (or comparable) with a grade of at least 2,5
- English language proficiency: TOEFL80 or IELTS 6,0 or native speaker or English-language bachelor's degree or English B2 (also possibly English as first language at German Abitur level)
- International applicants: German language proficiency (DSH1, Goethe-Zertifikat B1, TestDaf3333)
- in case that your Bachelor's degree is no typical Biology degree, you will have to provide at least 27 ECTS credits from courses like Physiology, Neurobiology or Zoology
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Tübingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.