Which topics are dealt with in the program?
In keeping with the broad range of methods and animal models used by our faculty, the emphasis is on a comparative approach. Courses cover cellular, systemic, behavioral, cognitive, evolutionary, and theoretical aspects of modern, integrative neuroscience. A central position is occupied by the large-scale practical course in the 3rd semester. Small groups work on research-related projects, which can be selected from the more than 20 participating research groups.
The Neurobiology program from University of Tübingen is aimed at curious, biologically pre-educated students with an appetite for intellectual challenges and a strong interest in broad basic neurobiological research.
- Integrative Neurobiology
- Scientific Computing and Statistics
- Research labs
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Neuroscience View 32 other Masters in Neuroscience in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in biology (or comparable) with a grade of at least 2,5
- English language proficiency: TOEFL80 or IELTS 6,0 or native speaker or English-language bachelor's degree or English B2 (also possibly English as first language at German Abitur level)
- International applicants: German language proficiency (DSH1, Goethe-Zertifikat B1, TestDaf3333)
- in case that your Bachelor's degree is no typical Biology degree, you will have to provide at least 27 ECTS credits from courses like Physiology, Neurobiology or Zoology
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Tübingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.