The International Politics (Dual Degree) MA offered at Aberystwyth University will expose you to envisioning new, different, better ways forward in our efforts to cope with the challenging political, military, social, economic and environmental contexts we live in today.
The Department hosts a wide variety of academic events which postgraduate students are encouraged to attend, including guest lectures by leading experts and academics, round table discussions about past, present, and future international issues, and the weekly Departmental research seminars.
This Masters programme emphasises the development of strong research, writing and analytical skills as well as the capacity to work independently - qualities highly valued by employers. A Masters is also ideal for students who want to pursue PhD research.
Our graduates have expansive career opportunities.
Previous graduates from our Department have gone on to work:
- in the development sector
- in local and national politics
- for the Diplomatic Service
- for the Civil Service
- for NGOs
- with international organisations.
- The Eu In Crisis? Integration And Fragmentation
- Critical Security Studies: Contemporary Theories
- Feminist Approaches To Security
- Global Challenges And The Future Of International Relations Theory
- Intelligence, Security And International Relations In The 20th Century
- Power And Postwar Reconstruction: A Critical Approach
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 150 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
- A good 2:I Bachelors (Honours) degree, ideally in a relevant subject area, or equivalent. Non-graduates will be considered individually based on relevant work experience.
- Copies of University transcripts (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Copies of Degree certificates (certified translated copies are required if original document is not in English or Welsh).
- Personal statement within 1-2 A4 pages.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.