The Advanced Computer Science MSc degree offered at Aberystwyth University is designed to meet the needs of both students wanting a foundation for a career in research, and those wanting to expand on their skills to accelerate their industrial career.
Contemporary software is frequently developed to function in distributed systems. Applications are deployed across multiple computers, interacting to provide services and to solve problems in a distributed way. This Masters course is suitable for students intending to pursue a career in the software industry, and is a qualifying Masters Degree for Chartered Engineer status. It can also lead to a career in research.
The taught part of the course is delivered and assessed through lectures, student seminars, practical exercises, case studies, course work and formal examinations. The subsequent successful submission of your research dissertation leads to the award of an MSc.
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Agile Software Development Project
- Intelligent Systems
- Internet Technologies
- Modelling, Managing And Securing Data
- Statistical Concepts, Methods And Tools
- The Object Oriented Programming Paradigm
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 230 other Masters in Software Engineering in United Kingdom
- The minimum entry requirement for this MSc is a second class honours in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject.
- This should include programming in a language like Java, C or C++. Sometimes it may be possible to substitute industrial experience (supplemented by preliminary study) for these academic qualifications.
International16700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberystwyth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.