Why choose this programme?
Come join us in Tübingen at one of Germany's top universities and an institute that counts Nobel laureates like Hartmut Michel among its alumni.
What sets this program apart is its broad approach. It offers you an in-depth look at the full scope of molecular life science without excluding subtopics as in more specialized degrees like molecular medicine or neuroscience. At the same time, the Master of Biochemistry allows you to dig deeper in areas of your choice.
The course is highly modular and adaptable to your personal preferences. Few elements of the degree are fixed and there is a wealth of options. Topics range from biochemical, structural, cellular and molecular biology to neuroscience, cell signalling, plant physiology as well as cancer biology.
We have a strong focus on practical skills and research. You will be given the opportunity to work in several different labs to hone your skills and develop your preferences. Unlike other degrees we allow you to choose your labs freely. You are not limited to Tübingen and our students regularly do rotations all over the world.
We are looking for highly motivated bachelor students from all over the globe and various life science backgrounds to join us for a stimulating scientific experience. Admission will be granted based mainly on bachelor grades, supplemented by extracurricular merits and a written examination taking place in Tübingen.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cell biochemistry of organelles
- Cell signaling
- Chemical biology
- Genetic engineering
- Molecular oncology
- Post-transcriptional control / RNA
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biotechnology Biochemistry View 41 other Masters in Chemistry in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- excellent bachelor in biochemistry or closely related
- entry exam
- extensive practical biochemical lab skills
- very good spoken & written English
- Evidence of very good written and spoken English. No documentation is required if your mother tongue is English, if you studied in English, if you lived for an extended amount of time in an English-speaking country or if sufficient English skills are documented in your school leaving exam. Otherwise, you need to provide one of the common certificates. If you make the short list, we may verify your English skills by a short conversation.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Tübingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.