The Leadership in Aboriginal Education program at the University of Sydney prepares Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal teachers for leadership roles in schools and education systems.
Through studying Leadership in Aboriginal Education, you will develop the skills and knowledge to improve educational outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, and learn how to identify and disrupt deficit discourses about Aboriginal peoples, cultures and histories by creating deep and real world cultural understandings through your students.
Future study options
The University of Sydney is Australia's premier research university, and the Sydney School of Education and Social Work is a world-class research centre in education, the humanities, human services and related fields. Several higher degrees by research are available within the School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Aboriginal Community Collaboration
- Aboriginal Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Aboriginal Education: Policy and Practice
- Adult Learning and Development
- Applying Sport Science to Coaching
- Assessment Literacy for School Teachers
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 289 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 000674B
- a Bachelor of Education from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification and either the completion of postgraduate studies, or professional experience equivalent to one year full-time in a field considered by the Faculty to be appropriate to the program of study; or
- a bachelor's degree and either the Graduate Diploma in Education or Bachelor of Teaching or Master of Teaching from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification; or
- a bachelor's degree from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification and either the completion of postgraduate studies in Education
International44000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29000 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Student Contribution Amount (SCA) for year 1: $3,950 (indicative only)
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.