The Brain and Mind Sciences program at the University of Sydney will promote interdisciplinary research, encouraging investigation into disease in areas of the brain and mind. The course also draws on the strengths of the Brain and Mind Centre to assist you in your professional and clinical skill development.
In this course the core units of study provide you with an understanding of the link between basic neuroscience and clinical applications and interventions. This focus on translational research will offer you a broader application of the brain and mind sciences discipline and opportunity for collaboration and improved research outcomes.
Elective units of study and the research dissertation will then provide a high standard of specialised training in your chosen area with learning of current research methodologies, access to cutting edge scientific research equipment and supervision by high profile researchers.
Graduates of the Master of Brain and Mind Sciences will have opportunities within general practice, clinical psychology, or psychiatry, or working as graduate scientists in industry (science organisations, biotech industries, pharmaceutical companies), or university-based settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Brain Ageing
- Brain and Mind Disorders (Child/Youth)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Fundamental Neuroscience
- Genetics of Brain and Mind Disorders
- Leadership and Policy in Mental Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 326 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 068825G
- A successful applicant for admission to the Master of Brain and Mind Sciences will hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from the University of Sydney or equivalent qualification and, where required, satisfactorily perform at an interview.
- In exceptional circumstances, the dean may admit applicants without this qualification who, in the opinion of the school, have qualifications and evidence of experience and achievement sufficient to successfully undertake the award.
International51000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51000 AUD per year during 12 months.
National31500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31500 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.