About this Degree from Instituto Superior Técnico
Telecommunications and Informatics Engineering is dedicated to “Internet Engineering”, namely the so-called “internet of things”, which allows us to interact with various objects, such as refrigerators, heating our homes or products for sale in a supermarket. As such, a Telecommunications and Informatics Engineer works with complex, fixed or mobile communication networks and related infrastructures. It also develops services or applications, knowing the related security aspects.
Técnico MSc graduates in Telecommunications and Informatics Engineering from Instituto Superior Técnico can develop activities such as:
- Design, implement and guarantee maintenance of communication systems, and respective terrestrial and satellite networks;
- Design, install, configure and manage telecommunications networks, server clusters and data centers;
- Development of computer internet applications and mobile phone applications;
- Programming of multimedia, mobile, peer-to-peer and cloud applications, configuration and management of web servers and databases;
- Solve problems that arise in this activity, such as attacks on computer security, latency and reliability of communications, and the need for quick recovery in case of equipment failure.
- Marketing of products, equipment and processes;
- Consulting and leadership, leadership and management functions;
- Professional training and education.
- Telecommunications Systems
- Distributed Systems and Internet Applications
- Network and Systems Management
- internet security
- Internet of Things
- Data Science for the Web
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Communications Engineering View 20 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- hold a 1st cycle degree in Science and Technology (except in the case of the 2nd cycle in Architecture, which requires a 1st cycle degree in Architecture);
- hold an academic, scientific or professional curriculum that certifies their ability to do the MSc programme which they apply for.
Candidates are selected according to these criteria:
- affinity between the degree they hold and the programme they apply for;
- type of degree they hold;
- academic success in the programme they attended.
International7000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1063 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1063 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.