Shipping managers in the current marketplace need to understand all aspects of international supply chain management. As the shipping industry evolves towards an integrated, multimodal, door-to-door logistics approach, such knowledge becomes increasingly important.
International Shipping and Logistics master’s degree at Solent University Southampton is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge sought after by employers within this dynamic industry. The units studied during the course aim to enable students to develop a detailed understanding of the operations and strategies of shipping as a single transport mode within the context of international multimodal logistics.
To complement their studies, past students have had the opportunity to visit key maritime organisations, such as the ports of Southampton, Antwerp and Rotterdam, the International Maritime Organization and the Baltic Exchange. Some of these visits were funded outside of the course fees.
Our graduates have pursued a variety of careers in organisations such as:
- The Baltic Exchange
- Grimaldi Group
- Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
- Rio Tinto
- Royal Caribbean International
- Transport Malta.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Maritime Management
- International Maritime Law
- Maritime Operations and Transport
- Economics of International Trade and Shipping
- Research Methods and Proposal
- Supply Chain Management
- Operational Risk Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSupply Chain Management & Logistics Transport Management View 151 other Masters in Supply Chain Management & Logistics in United Kingdom
- Honours degree at 2:2 or higher in maritime studies or shipping.
- An ordinary degree or HND in a technical or business discipline, combined with appropriate professional experience.
- Equivalent qualifications may also be considered – contact the admissions office for further information.
- If your first language is not English, you must have an IELTS score of 6.5 (6.0 writing), or equivalent.
- Part-time study is not available for overseas students requiring a student visa.
International14300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14300 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8700 GBP per year during 12 months.
UK and Channel Island part-time fees: £4,350 per year
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Solent University offers a range of bursaries and scholarships that provide financial assistance or waive fees for tuition or accommodation. Each bursary or scholarship has specific eligibility criteria.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.