5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems degree offered at University of Sussex is often practical as well as theoretical. You may have opportunities to work with an industrial partner.Some of our previous students’ project work has led to journal and conference publication, giving them a head start in their careers.The project allows you to develop your skills as an engineer and will involve:
- an in-depth study of an advanced topic in mobile communications and intelligent embedded systems
- further development of your critical awareness, creative thinking and project planning skills
- enhancing your ability to describe complex technical issues clearly and concisely
- developing your presentation skills to effectively communicate your work and ideas to senior colleagues within an organisation.
CareersAs a graduate, you’ll have the skills for a career in areas such as:
- mobile and satellite telecommunications (where large industry players include Samsung, Vodafone, Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia, Cobham, British Telecom, Telefonica)
- aerospace (where large industry players include Airbus, Rolls-Royce and GE)
- automotive and transport (where large industry players include Jaguar, BMW, Continental, Network rail)
- defence and security (where large industry players include BAE Systems, QinetiQ and Thales)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MSc Individual Project
- Mobile Communications
- Real Time Embedded Systems
- Reconfigurable System on Chip
- Topics in Wireless Communications
- Wearable Technologies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Electronics & Embedded Technology View 209 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United Kingdom
You should normally have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
Subject-specific requirementsYour qualification should be in engineering, although other numerate subjects such as mathematics, physics or computing will also be considered. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.