5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems (with an industrial placement year) degree offered at University of Sussex offers you the opportunity, and the support, to go on an industrial placement at a UK company. This means you’ll gain industry experience, ready for your future career.5G mobile communications and intelligent embedded systems lie at the heart of many emerging applications. These include:
- the internet-of-things
- connected and driverless cars
- smart cities
- virtual reality
CareersAs a graduate, you’ll have the skills for a career in areas such as:
- mobile and satellite telecommunications (where large industry players include Samsung, Vodafone, Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia, Cobham, British Telecom, Telefonica)
- aerospace (where large industry players include Airbus, Rolls-Royce and GE)
- automotive and transport (where large industry players include Jaguar, BMW, Continental, Network rail)
- defence and security (where large industry players include BAE Systems, QinetiQ and Thales)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- MSc Individual Project
- Mobile Communications
- Real Time Embedded Systems
- Reconfigurable System on Chip
- Topics in Wireless Communications
- Wearable Technologies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Electronics & Embedded Technology View 140 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
You should normally have a lower second-class (2.2) undergraduate honours degree or above.
Subject-specific requirementsYour qualification should be in engineering, although other numerate subjects such as mathematics, physics or computing will also be considered. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International27000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27000 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA13200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13200 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Channel Islands and Isle of Man students: £13,200 for full-time students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.