UC recognises how important it is that you are able to continue with your studies while your travel plans are temporarily put on hold due to COVID-19. For this reason, we have developed a carefully selected range of online units for our most popular degree courses, enabling you to commence your study online before transitioning to face-to-face study once travel restrictions are lifted.
Please refer to our website for detailed info regarding availability/conditions etc
The Master of Applied Science (Research) presents you with an opportunity to undertake independent research in a specialised area with expert supervision. This two-year full-time course has two study routes, and you can choose to complete it via a mixture of coursework and thesis, or thesis only.
As a Higher Degree by Research (HDR), it is covered under the Australian Government's Research Training Program (RTP) funding model, which provides a fee offset for domestic students for the standard duration of the course.
On completion of the program, you can either continue with postgraduate research study in the form of a PhD, or confidently seek employment in a range of areas both nationally and internationally, such as government and private industry laboratories, or across natural and environmental services.
Study a Master of Applied Science (Research) from University of Canberra and you will:
- have access to expert staff supervision in applied and health science, including: human physiology, immunology, microbiology, toxicology, drug analysis, pharmacology, forensic science and neuromuscular co-ordination
- have access to resource and environmental science expertise in the fields of: vegetation and wildlife ecology, freshwater ecology, conservation biology, wildlife genetics, environmental chemistry, geomorphology, micro-meteorology, geographical information systems, and resource and environmental management
- be assigned a supervisory panel and primary supervisor to act as a mentor
- receive support and skills development to plan and undertake research.
- Research scientist
- Research assistant
- Research officer
- Research associate
- Policy officer
- Science communicator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Master of Applied Science Research Thesis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Natural Sciences Health Sciences View 282 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- an Honours degree in science (at H1 or H2A level) or the equivalent in a relevant professional field; or
- a bachelor degree in science or applied science with above average performance; or
- a bachelor degree followed by a graduate diploma in applied science; or
- an Honours degree in science at H2B or H3 level and evidence of a capacity for conducting research at the Masters level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International35500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 35500 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National28900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28900 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.