You will study a range of compelling topics, including gender issues, poverty, conflict, HIV and agro-forestry, and will undertake your own individual development project. Your core skills will be strengthened for a career in the public development sector or in multinational organisations across Australia and abroad.
Study a Graduate Diploma in International Development at University of Canberra and you will:
- develop the skills to critically engage with contemporary theories and practices in development studies
- understand changes in development theory and trends in practice as they apply to local and global development processes
- gain the skills to reflect on your own practice and articulate an ethical approach to international development that considers cultural, social and environmental elements.
- International consultant
- Program director
- International aid worker
- Campaign director
- International project manager
- Head of fundraising
- International development worker
- Community development educator
- Gender adviser
- M&E (monitoring and evaluation) manager
- Program specialist
- Program analyst
- Program coordinator
- Social impact assessment consultant
- Project manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rural Development and Agro-forestry
- Conflicts, Humanitarian Intervention and Reconstruction
- Gender and Development
- History and Politics of the Theories of Development
- Micro-credit and Risk Management in Development
- Monitoring and Evaluating International Development Project
- Planning and Designing International Development Projects
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 48 other Masters in International Development in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Postgraduate: applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
National21600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21600 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.