The Educational and Developmental Psychology program at Monash University develops you as an independent specialist with a professional commitment to lifelong learning and application of the theoretical, research, assessment and therapeutic skills related to educational and developmental psychology.
In undertaking a research thesis, you will develop an evidence based approach to psychology, carrying out reviews and scientific investigations relevant to the theory and practice of educational and developmental psychology. Visit this page to find out more about our teaching and research team and explore the range of research areas of our current staff. Specific topics vary from year to year.
As a graduate, you will be qualified to register as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA). You will also meet most requirements for membership of the College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists of the Australian Psychological Society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical case formulation
- Ethics for professional practice
- Cognitive assessment
- Professional experience in psychology
- Advanced practice in educational and developmental psychology
- Advanced clinical interventions for mental health
- Advanced psychological assessment and diagnosis
- Professional experience: Working with systems and groups
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Childhood Studies View 112 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Monash University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS: 038585A
A fourth year of psychology study from any course accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC), which may be a Graduate Diploma or Bachelor's honours degree, with at least a distinction (70%) average in fourth year psychology.
- These qualifications must have been completed within the last 10 years.Applicants with international qualifications will need to have their qualifications assessed by the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
- In addition, applicants must provide evidence of demonstrated suitability for work as a professional psychologist determined by completion of a supplementary form and satisfactory referee reports (one academic and one professional), relevant voluntary or paid work experience, and an interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40500 AUD per year during 24 months.
National33500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33500 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.