The Design program at Monash University provides you with the platform to explore advanced principles in contemporary design that will enhance your design practice and provide you with the platform to be an innovative leader.
Central to this course is four core design studios that will engage you with design systems, services, processes, environments and objects. In addition to the core design studios, you will undertake studies in Design Thinking allowing you to analyse real-world challenges through design thinking strategies and approaches. Further studies will build your capabilities in design research, management and entrepreneurialism and culminating in an exegesis.
This program is ideal for people with an undergraduate degree in any discipline who are keen to enter the expanding fields of professional design engagement, or for design practitioners aiming to upgrade their expertise.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to:
- engage critically with design theory, concepts and methods
- understand the relationship of design to cultural, environmental, ethical, technological and professional contexts and practices
- apply design principles and advanced design skills to produce innovative ideas, concepts and solutions
- integrate specialised design research approaches in order to analyse, synthesise and evaluate diverse solutions for contemporary environments
- use technical and design methodologies to assess the needs, deliverables and constraints of complex projects
- draw on studio experience to design, evaluate, implement, analyse and communicate strategies and methodologies and apply them in the multiple fields of design practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design thinking approaches
- Design fundamental studio
- Design technologies and processes
- Introduction to art and design health and safety
- Design research methods
- Design management and entrepreneurship
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Fashion Design View 38 other Masters in Visual Arts in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 089737A
Entry Level 1
- Bachelor's degree in any field
Entry Level 2
- Bachelor's degree in a related field3 OR
- Bachelor's degree in any field + relevant experience
Entry Level 3
- Bachelor's (Hons) degree in a related field OR
- Bachelor's (Hons) degree in any field + relevant experience
International36700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36700 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National32600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32600 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.