The Health Services Management program at Western Sydney University is tailored towards professionals working in a variety of health science settings, including both government and non-government organisations. Particular emphasis is placed on critical and analytical skills in policy analysis, economic evaluation and epidemiology, providing graduates with the ability to respond creatively to changes as they arise.
Our students develop practical skills in community development and health promotion programs, as well as completing research and practical experience in the evaluation of a contemporary issue in health science. Graduates of this course are strongly equipped to be health managers who remain up to date with emerging business developments and can evaluate and implement appropriate initiatives in the health care setting.
As a health science graduate, you can look forward to career opportunities as:
- Health services management
- Aged care management
- Health planning
- International health
- Health promotion
- Occupational health and safety
- This specialisation is designed for managers who require skills in contemporary management and their application in the health care setting. Particular emphasis is placed on critical and analytic skills in policy analysis, economic evaluation and epidemiology, thus providing graduates with the ability to respond creatively to changes as they arise.
- Health managers need to be current with developments in the general business area so potential in the health care setting can be evaluated and appropriate initiatives implemented. Particular specialty units include Organisational Governance and Performance Management, Health Workforce Planning, as well as Quality and Safety in Health Care.
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 294 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
- CRICOS Code: 064020M
- An undergraduate, master or doctoral degree in any discipline
- A graduate diploma or graduate certificate in any discipline and three years full-time equivalent work experience in a health, welfare or aged care discipline.
International27320 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27320 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.