The MSc in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) - Distance Learning at the University of St Andrews is designed to be useful to both experienced English language teachers as well as those considering a career in English language teaching.
CareersTESOL graduates are equipped with a range of skills and experiences which allow them to take on a variety of roles. The majority of TESOL students work within education, either as teachers or lecturers, as researchers, or as policymakers. Other graduates work in publishing, journalism and management.
- Action Research for Teachers
- Language Teaching Methodology
- Linguistics for Language Teachers
- Second Language Acquisition
- Teaching and Researching
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Teaching Linguistics View 93 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline or significant professional or other relevant experience
- personal statement (500 words)
- two original signed references at least one of which must be academic
- academic transcripts and degree certificates
- evidence of English language proficiency (required if English is not your first language).
International9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9900 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9900 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.