The Artificial Intelligence programme of Distance University combines state-of-the-art theoretical courses and work-based learning in a company. The student specialises in AI and develops artificial intelligence projects within the company. Projects are supervised by AI researchers and specialists of the Idiap Research Institute, a national centre of AI expertise.
This unique university education is the fruit of a strategic partnership between the Swiss Distance University Institute and Idiap. Distance University offers a cutting edge technical and organisational infrastructure thanks to its expertise in e-learning and its status within the Swiss higher education system. Idiap offers scientific expertise as a national centre of expertise in artificial intelligence and expert in technology transfer.
What makes our integrated master so special?
The Masters of Science in Artificial Intelligence is a recognised, flexible professional qualification adapted to recent trends in our society. It has many advantages:
- It combines a job experience with flexible distance learning courses
- Your degree will be recognised in Switzerland and abroad according to the Bologna criteria.
- The flexibility of distance study allows you to organise your education according to your personal circumstances.
- Personal supervision and close contact with professors and assistants with the help of e-tools.
- The acquisition of professional expertise along with theoretical courses.
The Master in Artificial Intelligence: who is it for?
This programme is perfect for:
- Students with a solid IT background, with the motivation to work with the company in setting up an artificial intelligence development strategy. This strategy takes the form of developing one or more projects.
- To companies which aim to integrate artificial intelligence in their strategy, but which are blocked by the lack of highly qualified staff. The company establishes a position in the company for the student who is given responsibility for the AI project(s). The company is advised and supported by Idiap researchers and specialists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data structure and algorithms for AI
- Linear algebra and Probabilities
- Signal processing
- Foundations in statistics for AI
- Open Science and Ethics
- Fundamentals Machine Learning
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 25 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- Hold a position within a business enterprise/company that has the desire and ability to integrate artificial intelligence into its strategy
- Excellent spoken and written knowledge of English, the teaching language.
- Knowledge of programming languages (C++, Python, etc.) and of mathematics
International3794 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1897 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA3794 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1897 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 2,000 per semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.