The Applied Biotechnology program from Warsaw University of Technology contains a wide range of specialist subjects (modeling of bioprocesses, regulation of biotechnological processes, separation processes in biotechnology, laboratory of technological and biotechnological processes, biotechnology of natural resources, etc.), which, together with bioanalytical and selective subjects (bioanalytics, sensors and biosensors, microbioanalytics) constitute a comprehensive offer for all graduates interested in the field of biotechnology.
Graduate profile – job opportunities:
Our graduates can expect to be competent to carry out scientific research in biotechnology laboratories and work at planning or consulting companies.
- Small, medium and large enterprises of the biotechnology industry and related industries.
- Units of research facilities in the biotechnology industry and related industries.
- Research, testing and diagnostic laboratories.
- Design and business units, including companies trading in biotechnology equipment.
- Institutions providing consulting services and disseminating knowledge in chemistry and biotechnology.
Examples of modules:
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Data Treatment in Chemical Analysis for Biotechnology
- Clean Technologies
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 12.12.2022 – deadline to submit the application (Entry Documents)
- 18.01.2023 – deadline to submit the Admission documents (only for candidates having the conditional acceptance status)
DisciplinesBiotechnology Natural Sciences Health Sciences View 5 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Warsaw University of Technology and/or in Poland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor's Degree - in the original language and translation to English. Remember, we require a Bachelor's Degree in a very similar field to the M.Sc. program you are applying to. The Diploma should be final. However, we accept also provisional and temporary ones.
- Transcript of records - your results/grades, necessary to make the decision.
- Passport - the page(s) with your personal information, photo, and signature.
- EU citizens: Candidates from the EU can use a passport or a national ID.
- Proof of payment of 85 PLN application fee. Check here how to make the application fee payment.
- One picture/photograph - the passport format photo
International5400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2700 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Warsaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.