The Social Work course from Nottingham Trent University is a two-year full-time course which is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council. Therefore if you successfully complete it, you'll be eligible to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council.
We work closely with employers in the statutory and independent sectors to ensure our course content retains a focus on the people entitled to use the services. It also helps to ensure that you are ready for professional practice when you qualify.
Careers and employability
On completion of the course you may choose to enter the profession by working in services for children or adults. Opportunities may also exist in social services departments, the private and independent sector, educational welfare, services such as guidance providing agencies, careers services and youth justice.
Accredited by HCPC.
- Preparing for Professional Social Work Practice
- Human Growth and Development - Promoting and protecting individual development within social contexts
- Practice Learning Opportunity
- Theories, Methods and Models of Social Work Practice - Assessing and intervening in order to achieve best outcomes for service users
- Social Work Law and Policy - Practicing ethically within legislated frameworks
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Law View 289 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
- an undergraduate degree (minimum 2.1) or other recognised equivalent qualification.
- Applicants with a 2.2 will be considered on an individual basis but will be required to demonstrate in their Personal Statement how their experiences (e.g. awards, scholarships, work experience - either paid or unpaid) and knowledge and skills will enable them to study this course at masters level.
- Approximately 100 days (or equivalent) of social care related experience. You may be working towards the 100 days of experience at the time of application but the experience must be completed before the start of the course and this must be stated in your personal statement to provide one reference. This reference should show evidence of relevant social care related experience.
- GCSE English and Maths grade C or above.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.