It will allow you to develop an extensive knowledge of public health with a critical awareness of the philosophical, theoretical and method logical aspects of the discipline and following graduation you'll be enthused about the potential to act as change agents within multi-disciplinary public health settings.
You'll also be able to adopt an independent and reflective approach to your learning and future careers.
Careers and employability
The Public Health degree from Nottingham Trent University cultivates intellectual and research skills, experience and knowledge suitable for effective practice in a wide range of multidisciplinary public health sectors.
You will be equipped to progress into policy, research and practice roles in the public, private or voluntary arenas in the UK or internationally. For those already employed it provides transferable skills such as independent critical thought, analysis and evaluation, partnership working skills and self-directed learning.Previous graduates have gone onto roles including:
- Community fundraiser
- Health worker
- Graduate teaching assistant
- Concepts of Health and Healing
- Public Health, Sustainability and Community
- Global Ethics and Public Health
- Policy and Practice in Multidisciplinary Public Health
- Research Methods
- International Politics of Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 471 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) in a related subject.
- Applicants without such qualifications will be considered on an individual basis but will be required to demonstrate how their experiences in the multidisciplinary public health territory (e.g. awards, scholarships, work experience - either paid or unpaid) and knowledge and skills would enable them to study this course at masters level in their Personal Statement.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.