This Molecular Cell Biology course from Nottingham Trent University is ideal if you:
- are a recently qualified undergraduate and are looking for the professional skills needed to obtain a job in a bioscience company
- are working in an organisation and want a masters-level qualification to give you a competitive edge
- require the skills and experience needed to study for a research degree
- are an international student who would like to study abroad
- would like a course delivered by experienced research academics, with the possibility of completing a research project in industry
- want to use cutting-edge facilities to develop your own learning and research.
Careers and employability
This course cultivates the professional skills, experience and knowledge necessary to pursue a wide range of careers within the field of biosciences. Graduates are well versed in current relevant ethical issues, with an understanding of how these impact on business, making them a valuable addition to any company.
If you take the sandwich route, and start this course in September / October you will complete your placement following your taught modules and research project. If you start in January you will complete one term of taught modules and your project, then go on placement before returning to NTU for your final term of modules.
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Culture and Antibody Technology
- Biology of Disease
- Business and Enterprise
- Techniques in Macromolecular Analysis
- Research Methods and Bioethics
- Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- We would recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 524 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- UK honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology or Cell Biology
- Applicants with relevant employment experience or other relevant qualifications will also be considered
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.